Friday, January 25, 2013

It's a Girl Card

This post's card is for a baby shower. I found inspiration for this card on Two Peas in a Bucket. The one that I used as my guide used similar front of the card, with some distinctions. I didn't see the inside of the card on the site, so that is all on me. ha This card turned out pretty cute but I absolutely love the adorable matching envelope that I created for it.


The first photo is of the front of the card. I used a white 5"x6.5" note card and used a pink/green plaid 12"x12" paper and cut it down to size to be just slightly smaller than the actual card so the white of the card would be as a frame. I bought a SVG kit online that included the onesie design to use to cut the designs out via my Gazelle. I took three separate paper stock to make three onesies. I thought the colors/designs of the paper are bright and colorful that made me think of babies. I placed a green ribbon around the plaid paper before I glued the plaid onto the card so the ribbon isn't visible inside the card. I glued the onesies to the ribbon allowing the bottom of each to be loose. I added the white border welcoming the baby and added a heart on either side. I printed that on my color printer, using bright pink ink. Although you cannot tell from the photo, I added Glam Pink Stickles to the hearts. This just adds a little glitter/shine to the hearts. It looks really cute in person!


The above photo is of the inside of the card. The toy blocks were also part of the SVG kit that I purchased with the onesie design. I printed the letters of the baby's name in three different colors (pink, blue and yellow). I cut out a larger onesie and added it to the inside of the card. Like the hearts on the front, I used Glam Pink and Purple Stickles on the onsies (sorry you can't really tell in the picture....just take my word on it, it looks really cute! ha).


So here it is! I made the envelope by purchasing a SVG template online. I wanted to use some really use envelopes templates that I purchased but unfortunately they are just too big to fit a 12x12 mat/Gazelle for a 5.5"x7" envelope. So thanks to Fun Time (Gazelle software) I was able to create my own liner and add the cute scalloped edge. I resized everything to make it fit perfectly for the card, tested it out a few times to get it exactly right and then printed the final version using the same paper that I had used on the front of the card. The liner is a shiny pink paper that I thought would go perfectly. I just love this card. It really just finished off the card.


I thought this card turned out really cute and am grateful for the inspiration that I found on Two Peas in a Bucket by ILoveGEM. She has some really cute cards!!

Products used for this card:

5"x6.5" White Note Card
Pink Plaid Paper (Hobby Lobby doesn't show loose paper on site)
Paper for Onesies
Paper for Onesies
Pink, Yellow and Blue Paper for Blocks on Inside of Card
White Cardstock for Welcome Message
Green Ribbon
Pink and Purple Stickles
SVG Baby Elements Kit
SVG Envelope Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment