Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Papercrafting - Start up Products

Back in November my sister mentioned die-cutting machines (she has two Cricuts) and the Top Ten Review site.....that got me on a kick to get back to crafting, something that I have always loved, although I admit I tend to be a collector of craft products more than anything for the past several years. After hours and hours of product research, I placed an order for the Boss Kut Gazelle. Although it was on backorder, I continued to do relentless hours of research for projects, products, etc. In preparation of receiving my baby Gazelle, I have literally spent a small fortune in buying everything I think that I would possibly need for many paper crafting projects. I thought that I would share some of the products, where I purchased them as well as suggested sites for great deals!

First, let me just admit that I should own stock in Hobby Lobby for the amount of money that I spend there annually. I literally am at one of their retail stores multiple times a week and they all know me. It's a little sad, really! ha If you find something that you love at Hobby Lobby and it's not on sale, either use the 40% off one item coupon (available from their website as well as via their app) or just wait a week and it will likely be on sale for 30-50% off! "Hi, my name is StefiKaye and I'm a Hobby Lobby-aholic!" haha Gotta love Hobby Lobby!

Please note that I research online for hours EVERY item that I purchase to ensure that I get the best deal possible. I was surprised that Amazon is not always the cheapest place to buy things. I found a great site, Stuff4Scrapbooking that actually beat Amazon (7 out of 10 items). I definitely recommend their site. Not only do they have great deals/prices, but they offer free shipping at a certain amount and if you sign up for their free membership, you receive reward points for each item purchased, people signing up by your invitation, reviewing products, etc. The reward points are then used as cash for future purchases. How great is THAT? Unfortunately the only way to invite friends/family to join the site is via an email on their site that you have little control over. Many people will either receive the email in their spam account and/or assume it is spam/junk mail as it is not coming from your address but the Stuff4 site and never open the email. I tried emailing the invite to another of my email accounts but it is individualized and forwarding to your friends will not work. I reached out to their customer support team and they informed me that they do not offer a direct link that you can send to people, post on your blog, etc...so sadly there is no real way to invite people to join except via the email option on their site.

Below is a list of "paper crafting essentials" that I've recently purchased. Due to the mass amount of products that I've purchased, I will not list all my actual embellishments, inks, stamps, paper, etc...as I will list each item used for every project that I post. The list below is just of the essential tools that I purchased that I will use with each project.

12" Paper trimmer
Clear Stamp Block (to place cling stamps on)
Craft Sheet (to keep your desk clean from inks, glitter, etc.)
Scotch Tape Glider
Big Shot Embosser
Paper Creaser (Bone)
Micro Serrated Scissors
Self-Healing Cutting Mat
Copic Markers
Embossing Heating Tool
Rotary Cutter
Gazelle Digital Die-Cutting Machine (Don't let the site fool you! This is a great machine and has better ratings than all other machines other than the Black Cat, which costs nearly $800! You can check out the reviews: Top Ten Reviews)

No comments:

Post a Comment