Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Congrats Grad Card

One of my favorite gals, Tamikia, recently graduated with her Master's degree, while working as an elementary school teacher full time. I am tremendously proud of her and although I was unable to make the graduation, I wanted to make her a cute and special card for her.



The above picture is of the front of the card. The "congrats" tag actually goes inside the little envelope on the front of the card. I used a textured dark blue paper stock to create the card, using a SVG file. I used a smooth light blue paper stock for the envelope and "congrats" insert. On the envelope I used the dark blue paper as one part of the flower and a patterned paper for the top and bottom portion of the flower (3 parts total). I then used a pink brad to secure to the envelope flap. The word, "congrats" was cut out using the same textured dark blue paper and the insert is made of the light blue paper used for the envelope.



Here is another view of the front of the card. You can see that the light blue at the bottom of the card is actually part of the inside of the card but can be seen on the front due to the cutouts.


Above is the inside of the card. I cut a smaller light blue paper stock to fit inside just small enough to use the dark blue as a frame. I cut the corners of the light blue paper to match the dark blue. I used a Congrats Grad stamp using dark blue and pink ink. I went over the "Congrats" with a blue glitter pen to give it a little sparkle.


Using an envelope SVG, I resized it to house the card and used a smooth dark blue paper to create the envelope. I did not use the textured dark blue paper because creasing it made the white of the inside of the paper show through and just wasn't as clean/crisp. I then used another sheet of the light blue paper to create the insert for the envelope flap.


The finished product is well coordinated and can actually be used for a variety of reasons, not just as a celebration. You can always change the "Congrats" word to say anything to put in the insert on the front of the card. It could even house a gift card if you chose to include one. Now that I think of it, Tamikia may be rather disappointed that it is not holding a gift card. ha

Products used for this card:

Textured Dark Blue Paper Stock
Smooth Light Blue Paper Stock
Patterned Paper Stock
Pink Brad
Card SVG
Blue and Pink Ink
Blue Glitter Pen
Envelope SVG

No comments:

Post a Comment