Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Friendship Card

Although I've thoroughly enjoyed my time away from Facebook since I disabled my account on New Year's Eve, I do miss my friends that were involved with posts of mine and visa-versa. One of those friends is a friend from high school that has had many challenges over the past year. I have tried to be a good friend and support her and her family but sometimes just an unexpected card in the mail can be just what is needed. Below is the card that I created and sent her last week.


The front of the card looks very similar to the Thinking of You card because I just loved the look. I cut out a light purple square that I used as the middle layer of the card. I placed it on top of the white card and then cut out a smaller white piece of card stock and embossed it. I used one of my favorite quotes that truly speaks to me as the sentiment on the front. The stamp included the two butterflies so I just used four different colored inks for the stamp...pink for "Butterfly" verbiage, black for the sentiment and green and purple for the two butterflies.


On the inside of the card I used two sentiment stamps in purple and green from the same friendship collection as well as a butterfly stamp using two different colors. Very simple but to the point....of course I never heard from her since mailing the card so maybe it was too simple. haha

Products used for this card:

5"x6.5" White Note Card and Envelope
Embossing Folder
Purple Card Stock
Caterpillar Sentiment Stamp (I purchased stamp at Hobby Lobby but no longer on site.)
Friendship Sentiment Stamps
Butterfly Stamp
Pink, Purple, Green and Blue Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment