Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's a Boy Card - Sarah and Caleb

One of my (many) nieces (in-law) gave birth to her second son last weekend. He is a big boy at nearly 10 lbs. OUCHY!!! I had to rush to get her baby gifts in the mail that day so I quickly made this card. It is very similar to the It's a Girl card that I recently made/posted but changed the name and used different colors/paper and a few different designs/die cuts. I think it's adorable and I hope that Sarah and Caleb loved the card as well as all the cute clothes. It's a GOOD thing I never had my own children. I would be out of control with the amount of clothes and accessories that I would buy for them. So now I just play dress up on myself! ha


As you can see in the photo above, I added three buttons to the front of the card (that I did not include in the It's a Girl card). The buttons matched the three onesies that I added as well as the plaid paper behind the buttons. I printed out the "Welcome..." notice on my printer in blue and then used Stickles (blue) on the hearts as well as wrote, "M" on the blue onesie. I used "Sticky Doos" (adhesive foam squares) for the "Welcome" banner so that it was 3D and lifted away from the card.


I kept the inside of the card very simple (since I may have overdone the It's a Girl card). Simply cut out another onesie and stamped "little one" on it. I then used Stickles again to fill in the hearts.


Using the same plaid paper, I created a cute matching envelope and created a baby blue envelope insert for the flap.


Above is a picture of both the card and envelope together.

Products used for this card:

5"x6.5" White Note Card
Blue Plaid Paper (Hobby Lobby doesn't show loose paper on site)
Paper for Onesies
Blue Organza Ribbon
Buttons
Blue Stickles
Adhesive Foam for Banner
Little One Stamp
SVG Baby Elements Kit (Onesies)
SVG Envelope Kit
Blue Paper for Envelope Insert

No comments:

Post a Comment