Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You are Fabulous Card


I made this card for my little sister, who fortunately also happens to be my best friend! Three years ago I moved back from Dallas to live closer to her and the rest of my family. There is rarely a moment that we are together that we aren't laughing or just thoroughly enjoying each other's company. She is my best bud and am so grateful that she plays "dorky and silly" right along with me. I just love my family so!!


The card is pretty cute. I used white card stock for this card and layout of the card is from a SVG file. The front has a cut out of the dress because the actual dress is on the inside of the card. I used an embossing folder to add dimension to the front of the card and scalloped the bottom of the card.  I used a lime green ink to go around the edges of the front of the card. Using my printer, I printed out, "You are" on textured green card stock and placed it on the front. Looking at it now, I suppose I should have written it out as, "You are...". Oh well! Live and learn!


Here is the inside of the card. As you can see, the dress showing on the front of the card is actually on the inside. I used a lime green paper stock that had white polka dots so I just placed green pearls and gems and placed them on top of the dots. I used a green organza ribbon (folded in half) and glued to the waist of the dress. I used smaller green pearl/gems to outline the neckline of the dress. Using my printer I printed "Fabulous" on textured green paper stock.


The above photo is of the card sitting inside of the envelope that I also created. You will see in the next photo that I used the same green paper stock for the envelope that I used for the dress (you'll also see the polka dots that are basically hidden on the dress since the pearls/gems are on top). The envelope is also part of the SVG file that I used for the dress card. It folds in on all four sides. Pretty cool.


So as you can see above, the envelope is closed. To secure the envelope, I cut out another dress (it is the same white card stock that I used for the card although it looks a bit pink in the picture) and using fabulous gel/glitter pens (LOVE these pens), I used the green pen to draw in a sash at the waist and used a silver pen to outline the dress. Was just enough sparkle. I purchased a "Create a Sticker" tool and made the dress into a sticker to ensure it held the envelope securely in the mail. Adorable!!!!

Products used for this card:

White Card Stock
SVG file for layout of card/envelope
Green Textured Paper Stock
Lime Green Ink
Lime Green Organza Ribbon
Polka Dot Embossing Folder
Green Pearls/Gem Embellishments
Green Polka Dot Paper
Silver Glitter Pen
Green Glitter Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment