Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Thinking of You Card

Unfortunately one of the strongest women I know has been going through hell over the past year as her rock, her husband, has been battling a very aggressive form of bladder cancer, which has invaded many other organs/parts of his body. Although I have kept up to date via their posts on his CaringBridge webpage, I try to send Rosemary an email and card from time to time so she knows they remain in my thoughts and prayers! Below is a card that I recently created and mailed to her.


To create the front of the card, I cut out a purple square that I used as the middle layer of the card. I placed it on top of the white card and then cut out a smaller white piece of card stock and embossed it. I then stamped, "thinking of you" in gold and used a butterfly stamp in three different colors.


I stamped an appropriate sentiment inside using embossing ink/powder in purple and then added an additional sentiment in blue ink. I kept the card very basic and did not want to overwhelm the card as it was a serious card.

I didn't include a picture of the envelope since I just used a regular white envelope from the notecard kit. I stamped the envelope with a "miracles" sentiment.

Products used for this card:

5"x6.5" White Note Card and Envelope
Butterfly Stamp
"Thinking of you" Stamp
Purple Card Stock0
Embossing Folder
Friendship Sentiment Stamp
"I have you in my heart" Stamp
Pink, Purple and Blue Ink
Gold Ink
Embossing Ink
Purple Embossing Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment